Can you work for both Uber and Lyft?
- Yes, you can work for both of the companies.
How much do full time rideshare drivers make in the Bay Area?
- Our experience in Bay Area shows that you can easily make $30-$40 a hourly. These rates pertain to full time rideshare drivers, Josh has made up to $3,000 dollars in one week just by driving (no referral bonuses added). Sean makes $2,200-2,500 weekly, while Josh makes 2,500-2,800.
Is it worth it to drive part time? How much do part time rideshare drivers make in the Bay Area?
- Yes, of course it is. Who doesn’t love extra cash in their pocket? If you drive at the right times you can make a lot of extra spending money. As a part time driver, it will be harder to reach weekly power bonus incentives so you may not make the hourly rate of a full time driver, but you will still make good money. Say you only do one ride a day making $10 a day. Do that for a whole month and boom you have $300 extra bucks you wouldn’t have had. Say you worked 20 hours a week in the Bay Area. You’re hourly pay rate could be anywhere from $20-$30. If you worked 20 hours in San Francisco you would make $25-$30 an hour. That is $500-$600 extra a week. That is an extra $2000-$2400 a month. Not bad for a part time job at all.
What are the key factors to making as much as Six Figure Drivers?
- There are three keys to making the amount of money we do. You should be driving primarily in San Francisco (view the below F.A.Q question for more details), driving at the correct times during the day, and meeting the weekly driver power bonuses that Uber and Lyft offer in the Bay Area.
Out of the whole Bay Area, why is driving in San Francisco the best?
- San Francisco is what we call a big small city. It is only about 7 miles wide by 7 miles long. Even with its small proximity, San Francisco has a population of ~900,000. During the Monday - Friday work week over 300,000 extra people are commuting into the city to work. Also, this city is considered to be one of the biggest tourist destinations in all of the United States. With this said, in about a 49 mile square area there is well over 1.2 million people with very limited, expensive parking. People rely on rideshare companies to get them through the day. In San Francisco, the turnaround time for rides is extremely fast. Driving to pick up people is never far. The rate pay rates are higher as well. Faster pick ups, faster turnaround times between rides, and higher rates mean more cash money in your pocket.
What are power driver bonuses?
- Uber and Lyft both offer power driver bonuses to drivers in the Bay Area. These are bonuses offered by the companies to incentivize drivers to do more rides during the week. Uber offers us a weekly bonus of up to $500 dollars on top of our weekly earnings. Lyft offers up to an extra 20% added on top of your earnings. Say if you made $1000 that week with Lyft and you met the power driver bonus requirements you would get an extra 20%. That would be an extra 200 on top of 1000 meaning you would make $1,200 for the week with Lyft.
What are the requirements to become a driver?
- Please view the bottom of our sign-up page (http://sixfiguredrivers.com/sign-up/).
How much do you spend on gas a week?
- This is dependent on your car and how much time you decide to drive. Since we both own Prius’s the cost is significantly lower than any other car. In our 55+ hour work week our total mileage adds up to about 900 - 1,200 miles a week. With those previous statistics, we end up spending about $80-$100 on gas per week. A small price to pay when you are making 2,500 in a week.
What happens if I get a ticket?
- If you get a ticket such as running a red light, speeding, illegal left turn, etc and you aren’t eligible for traffic school hire a traffic lawyer. This will be cheaper than the ticket and they will make sure you don’t get a point assigned to your driving record. In California, most points stay on your record for 36 months. That is 36 months you will be paying higher insurance premiums. Hire a traffic lawyer and to ensure you save money.
How many miles do you put on your car a week?
- This depends on how much you choose to drive. To be a Six Figure Driver, you will be putting 900 - 1200 miles on your car a week. Obviously, if you are only driving part time this number will be far lower.
What do you love about rideshare driving?
- There is so much to love about rideshare driving. Our first and most foremost love for the job is the freedom. You are your own boss. You decide when you work. If you want to take a week off to go on a vacation or simply to relax, you can. We love the control it gives you on your life. Next thing we love is the pay. We are making a six figure salary for driving a car. While making great money, we also meet new interesting people everyday. People with interesting stories and different backgrounds. This job is a great way to make connections. Overall, there is so much to love about rideshare driving.
What do you dislike about rideshare driving?
- There are so many great benefits of being a rideshare driver. This job comes with very little downsides. The major downsides mostly pertains to finding useful information. It can be difficult finding information about insurance, taxes, and maximizing profits. Luckily for you, this website is a great resource. The only other thing that can bother us is getting a rude passenger. This happens every once in awhile, but you can’t let it affect you. You never know what somebody is going through so continue to be respectful and brush their attitude off your shoulders.